- Fits on Yakima, Thule, Whispbar and most factory-installed crossbars with included quick-installation hardware
- New CarboniteTextured, scratch-proof, black finish
- Fits on Yakima, Thule, and factory crossbars
- SKS Lock Cores included (one key system)
- Holds 6-8 skis or snowboards over 215cm long
- Dual sided opening lid
- Made from 80% recycled materials
- Super-strong, reinforced lid ensures supreme one-handed operation
- Secure, metal, internal accessory attachments
- Undercut tail for more hatch clearance
- 18 cu ft (92" x 36" x 16") - Weight: 52lbs.
- Lifetime Warranty
Also available in Glossy Titanium - Yakima 7183 Sky Box Pro 18 Titanim Also available in Glossy Black - Yakima 7197 Sky Box Pro 18 Onyx
NOTE: Cargo boxes must be shipped "Freight Carrier". Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Customer Reviews (1)
- Not too big and Not too small!Review by Cracks & Racks - Brandon
The Carbonite line of cargo boxes is very popular. I like the stabilizing ribs on the underside of the lid, they allow you to open and close the box easily. The oversized handle is simple to operate and snaps into place when the lid is closed properly. This gives me peace of mind that the box is ready to go down the road.
Ease of Installation Functionality Quality / Durability Overall Value
I like this box sized in particular, because it can handle longer skis and it has a nice width for luggage. Yakima puts tie-downs in convenient locations to secure your gear.
INSTALLATION TIP: It is nice to open up the hardware to make them easier to wrap around the crossbars, but not too much. If you over loosen it, the nut will fall out and it will be a major pain getting it threaded again. I find 5-10 turns is all you need to get the hardware wide enough for most applications. (Posted on 10/24/2016)