- Fits on Yakima, Thule, Whispbar and most factory-installed crossbars with included quick-installation hardware
- New textured Carbonite, scratch-proof,black finish.
- SKS Lock Cores included (one key system)
- Holds 6-8 skis or snowboards - 185cm max ski length
- Dual-sided opening lid
- Made from 80% recycled materials
- Super-strong, reinforced lid ensures supreme one-handed operation
- Secure, metal, internal accessory attachments
- Undercut tail for more hatch clearance
- 16 cu ft (81" x 36" x 15") - Weight: 47lbs.
- Lifetime Warranty
Also available in Glossy Titanium - Yakima 7180 Sky Box Pro 16 Titanium
Also available in Glossy Black -Yakima 7196 Sky Box Pro 16 Onyx
NOTE: Cargo boxes must be shipped "Freight Carrier". Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery
Customer Reviews (1)
- Awesome Cargo Box!Review by Cracks & Racks - Brandon
The Carbonite line of cargo boxes is very popular. I like the stabilizing ribs on the underside of the lid, they allow you to open and close the box easily. The oversized handle is simple to operate and snaps into place when the lid is closed properly. This gives me peace of mind that the box is ready to go down the road.
Ease of Installation Functionality Quality / Durability Overall Value
This is one of the only box designs that work with the factory crossbars on 2010 - newer Subaru Outbacks. With the cargo box's hardware pushed all the way back so the box is as far forward on the crossbars as possible, you will just be able to open the back hatch without it hitting the box.
INSTALLATION TIP: It is nice to open up the hardware to make them easier to wrap around the crossbars, but not too much. If you over loosen it, the nut will fall out and it will be a major pain getting it threaded again. I find 5-10 turns is all you need to get the hardware wide enough for most applications. (Posted on 10/24/2016)