- 5 Bike Capacity
- NEW to the Vertex line is bike security; Lock your bikes to the rack with the integrated heavy-duty cable lock that stores neatly away when not in use
- Arc design of bike arms allows bikes to nest better, making it easier to load and unload bikes
- Taller mast (than previous Thule versions) creates more ground clearance
- Hitch Switch at rack base allows the rack to fold down for rear-of-car access while a 2nd Hitch Switch allows bike arms to fold down when not in use
- New Hold-Fast Cradles help cushion bikes for added bike protection
- Included anti-sway cradles keep bikes from bumping into each other during transport
- Integrated handle allows for easier carrying of the bike rack during installation/removal
- Rack can be locked to the vehicle with Thule STL2 Lock (sold separately)
- Fits 2" Receiver Hitch Only
Also available in a 2-Bike Version - Thule 9028 Vertex 2 Bike Rack
Also available in a 4-Bike Version - Thule 9029 Vertex 4 Bike Rack
Also available in a 4-Bike Swingaway Version - Thule 9031 Vertex Swing
Customer Reviews (1)
- Great Buy!Review by Cracks & Racks - Brandon
The Vertex line of Thule Bike racks are great sellers because of their simple and clean design. It gives you everything you need to get your bikes down the road without any expensive features you don't necessarily need.
Ease of Installation Functionality Quality / Durability Overall Value
The Vertex line is paired nicely with the Thule 9033 Tram for carrying skies in winter! Which gives you a sweet bike rack ski rack combo! This is also a great solution for the customer that does not have a roof rack for their skis but already has a hitch.
BUYING TIP: Double check your bike's frame style and make sure it will fit nicely over the rack arms. Newer bikes can have funky frames and can make loading the bikes tricky. If you have a funky frame you may want a frame adapter to make loading easier (~$29.00-$50.00).
INSTALLATION TIP: Make sure to install the two button head screws at the base of the rack. This will prevent your rack from falling into your vehicle. (Posted on 10/27/2016)